DEATH EXPERIENCE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DEATH EXPERIENCE

A forum for those who have experienced death, as well as those interested in the subject of death and studies thereof.

2 posters

Fine line between genius and insanity

Admin
    Admin

Fine line between genius and insanity Empty Fine line between genius and insanity

Post  Admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:14 pm

You may know where this subject is originating. The recent Colorado shooting that wounded 71 people and killed 12 (including children and a 2 month old baby). The deranged killer was a candidate for a neuro-science PHD.

So, my question is...should we have a watch out for our genuises? Keep in mind that human beings in general can exhibit genuis in varied ways. What is it about the making of these bodies that we can't seem to control? The rational mind can be detrimental.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6243747/Fine-line-between-genius-and-madness-scientists-find.html

Admin
    Admin

Fine line between genius and insanity Empty Re: Fine line between genius and insanity

Post  Admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Here's something that I find most curious... when tragedies happen, a lot of people "thank god!" that they were spared and so forth. Why is it that if they honestly do believe in a god, that they don't "thank god!" for the destructive act? Because if there were a god/determiner, than that god would be the reason for any horror whatsoever.
    DUK

Fine line between genius and insanity Empty Re: Fine line between genius and insanity

Post  DUK Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:55 pm

When I worked at a supermarket during my college years, there was a guy that used to come in and he was bonkers. He would insist that the satellites in the sky were watching him and that he had many trips to the various moons of Jupiter etc. Now when he wasn't off on one you could tell he was exceptionally intelligent. I later learned that he was a former lecturer at Cambridge university. Now to my knowledge he never killed anyone but a prime example of a genius going nuts.

Now the whole "thank god" thing I think is a crutch that people use and one that I have been guilty of using myself. But as always Chloe your logic is perfectly sound. I don't believe personally in a deterministic god, but I believe there is a force that we are very much a part of that has potential to somehow have some sort of influence on our lives. But this belief in reality is still a crutch.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:22 pm

I remember an nder (I'll have to look for his nde) that when in a comma, he said that he went about his business. I remember that he was a professional cartoonist.

After coming home from the hospital he immediately ran upstairs to his office and checked his computer for the cartoons that he had done, but none were there. He concluded that we continue in different dimensions.

Now, that's not too far from the multi-verse theory, which I find myself partial. So, there's really no reason for a totalitarian ruler of any sort, as these are continuances.

The force that you're suggesting sounds reasonable in that like the Higgs boson field, it's a connection aspect to these infinite experiences. One being that of individuals and the other as totalities.

As far as the fine line, yup, I've known a few geniuses that were way out there in some respect. One of my step-fathers was a genius with such a high IQ that it was said that it couldn't be measured (above 170). He worked for IBM and held an executive possition. Went to work in a suit everyday and carried a briefcase. Then at night, he became a monster. The choice however, was his. The removal of responsibility can be dangerous.

DUK

Post  DUK Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:37 pm

Admin wrote:I remember an nder (I'll have to look for his nde) that when in a comma, he said that he went about his business. I remember that he was a professional cartoonist.

After coming home from the hospital he immediately ran upstairs to his office and checked his computer for the cartoons that he had done, but none were there. He concluded that we continue in different dimensions.

Now, that's not too far from the multi-verse theory, which I find myself partial. So, there's really no reason for a totalitarian ruler of any sort, as these are continuances.

The force that you're suggesting sounds reasonable in that like the Higgs boson field, it's a connection aspect to these infinite experiences. One being that of individuals and the other as totalities.

As far as the fine line, yup, I've known a few geniuses that were way out there in some respect. One of my step-fathers was a genius with such a high IQ that it was said that it couldn't be measured (above 170). He worked for IBM and held an executive possition. Went to work in a suit everyday and carried a briefcase. Then at night, he became a monster. The choice however, was his. The removal of responsibility can be dangerous.

A wise friend of mine has told me many times, "You are responsible everyday for own emotions and actions, Wake up in the morning and decide who and what you want to be that day". He usually tells me this when Im feeling down and he's just telling me to stop being sad (choose your own emotional state). My point is here that I find it amazing how many people want to blame an external influence for their behaviour, when in reality you are in charge of you.

I will always be a fan of the multi-verse theory, to me the universe makes so much more sense if its true that infinite probabilities are being played out all at the same time.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Wise indeed. When our car has no brakes and we've tried to down shift but that doesn't work, and we're headed toward a group of people, perhaps it's best to destroy the car in some other fashion?

Makes sense to not commit suicide out of escaping challenge in that we'll experience our continuances. As that's what makes up a totality for this person.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:52 pm

I found that nde that I had spoken about. His name is Bill Leaks and he's a cartoonist. His is around the last interview on the podcast. You should be able to listen to it without having to download.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2010/08/03/2972025.htm

Bill Leaks

His is interesting because many people report incidents in which "they should be dead" but find themselves continuing.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:30 am