DEATH EXPERIENCE

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DEATH EXPERIENCE

A forum for those who have experienced death, as well as those interested in the subject of death and studies thereof.

DEATH'S DEATH My book! :)

Admin
    Admin

DEATH'S DEATH  My book! :) Empty DEATH'S DEATH My book! :)

Post  Admin Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

My book has just been put on Amazon!!! Out of something like a hundred thousand science fictions, it's probably a hundred thousand on the list, so it's currently at the very bottom, I had a hard time finding it, but it's on there.

I'm writing this to all of you because I don't want you to get it today... nope... not until starting tomorrow, when it will be FREE. Amazon will only let me offer it for free for up to 5 days. I'm running it for free up until August 1st. I wanted to do this in order to get it out to friends and family.

I can't offer the printed version for free. Maybe if the book does well, I can get a few, but only if it does well.

I would be more than appreciative if you guys would rate my book after you read it. (Please!)

This link will take you to my book:

http://www.amazon.com/DEATHS-DEATH-ebook/dp/B008PLVLA4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343404427&sr=8-1&keywords=DEATH%27S+DEATH+BY+C.+A.+Solis

This link will allow you to download a free app. that will allow you to read the book on any device (such as cell phones and computers) if you don't have a Kindle (this isn't how you get the free book, you go to above link for that):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

Oh, I guess that I should mention that it's called: DEATH'S DEATH and is a science fiction/fantasy/techno/supernatural/literary with the essence of physics.

Remember...it's for FREE starting tomorrow July 28th until August 1st on Amazon.

Love all of you!

Cloe
    alias C. A. Solis
    Admin
    Admin

DEATH'S DEATH  My book! :) Empty Re: DEATH'S DEATH My book! :)

Post  Admin Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:20 pm

I received my first review and it was horrible! Embarassed The guy only read two chapters and commented on one of my paragraphs in which I use a metaphor "apprehensively knotted" in regard to the character's nervousness, and concluded that I can't write, sigh.

Some here are saying that he must have an agenda and knows who I am in regard to this particular circuit. Honestly, I have no idea who he is...so I've taken his comments to heart.

I realize there's a few typos, but I'd have to resubmit the entire book to correct those, but I assure you that they are minor.

Please everyone, read the whole story before you comment. I will respect your opinions, but only if the entire story has been read. It has several nde elements and I truly feel that most people should enjoy it.

If you do like it...I could sure use your help. Thank you.
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:06 pm

I feel much better today. The book received two five star reviews from people that actually read the whole book! And (drum roll) I don't know the reviewers! Very Happy

My immediate family hasn't and won't be reviewing the book because it would be obvious with the surname "Solis", lol. But my husband did report the one reviewer that didn't read the book and yet gave it one star. Not sure if Amazon does anything about such trollers...I'll keep this thread informed.

To those that are reading this thread...I've been a bit of a nervous wreck as it feels like I've put my baby up on the sacrificial mantel. So forgive me if this thread sounds that way.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:15 pm

DEATH'S DEATH

Hi Everyone,

The new edition of DEATH'S DEATH is now up...and I think that when I loaded it to amazon that it may have extended the free give away to another five days. Very Happy If not, than send me a pm, and I can send it to you through e-mail (free of course).

Cloe
    alias, C. A. Solis

For those that may be curious...we've given away well over 300 so far!
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:13 pm

http://www.amazon.com/DEATHS-DEATH-ebook/dp/B008PLVLA4New cover

Death's Death has a new cover. Let me know if you like it or not.

I'm currently waiting on the proofs (the actual printed book) to appove or not. Once the prints are approved, they'll be offered for sale.

I hope that all of you were able to download your free version.

If you see any format problems on your electronic readers...I assure you that they are on amazons side. I have re-submitted the manuscript having undone all and every code, and still amazon's download process messes with the format. Currently, a few of the notes from Leo are in red ink. I never ever typed my manuscript in red ink. Hmm. And I'm not the only one as there are apparently several authors that have complained.

The total giveaway was 377! Shocked That's with no advertising other than here and on facebook.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:45 am

Here's my new cover: [img]DEATH'S DEATH  My book! :) Death_17[/img]

The print version should be out in around a week. I've been working on the edits and tweeks. I've lowered the price of the Kindle version to $2.99 and the print version should come in at $8.99. I've been trying to get the price down by collapsing the manuscript into fewer pages (little to no extra spacing and so forth).

I had some formatting issues in regard to the Kindle version. I had to download my manuscript several times having removed all code, yet still found areas that weren't picking up the manuscript correctly. This last download seems to have finally taken and the manuscript looks good so far.

All the notes from Leo should had been in 10 font while the rest of the manuscript in 12 font, but Leo seemed to be varied throughout and in some areas was in red ink (!) when I never used red ink ever in the manuscript. Also some words were so far apart that it looked like another paragraph, argh!

Anyway, I'm suppose to be working on the prequel and sequel, and I will just as soon as I get Death's Death up and running to my satisfaction.

I'll keep this thread updated, as this is my baby. study

Thanks for reading my ramble. Smile
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Here's the link to the printed version:

http://www.amazon.com/Deaths-Death-1-C-Solis/dp/1478387157/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1344997895&sr=1-3&keywords=death%27s+death+c.a.+solis

It should be on the same link as the kindle version by this weekend (hopefully!).

It's a large book...I'll post photos as soon as I am able...but for now...here's my facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/cloe.solis.5/posts/273619506072325#!/cloe.solis.5
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:37 pm

https://www.createspace.com/Preview/1107542

Preview

The above links will take you to a preview of the book. You'll know the reason why a physicist began his search beyond logic. Cool
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm

I've been notified that some cannot find Death's Death on amazon. I've changed the search engine from science fiction to "Death" or Death's or Death's Death. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

In the meantime...the kindle version will be off line for a few hours.

Cool
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Oh, I should mention that Death's Death will soon be on Goodreads. I hope to start a giveaway contest. I can't afford to give all the books away, but I can afford the five copies I'll be offering through the contest. I was hoping to start the contest tomorrow, but the Goodreads site has had an unusual amount of traffic and is trying to get the book's information downloaded into their database.

All you have to do is click on the book and leave your mailing address in the case that you should win. Smile Don't worry...we legally cannot do anything with your address...just send the books.
    Admin
    Admin

DEATH'S DEATH  My book! :) Empty Goodreads Death's Death giveaway has begun!

Post  Admin Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:33 pm

The contest has started...the contest has started! Just go to the below link and press enter to win. I'm giving away 5 books so chances are good. Oh, the only unfortunate thing is that I could only afford to do this in the United States (sorry to my foreign friends). Perhaps if the book sells well enough, I'll be able to afford an international contest (I have to pay for the books and shipping). But for those of you here in the U.S., enter enter enter! cheers

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15837515-death-s-death

Goodreads Giveaway
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

The contest has ended. The five winners were chosen out of 582 entrants. That's a pretty good turn out for a science fiction from an unknown author. Cool

I haven't filled out any author information as I've wished to remain incognito except to the few of you that know who I am...of course family and friends.

Maybe if the books become popular, I'll come forward with what it's based on, but for now I like the idea that I can share what I feel is going on, and not feel exploitive.

Let me emphasize that's just me, the way that I feel about my experience, and is not intended in any way to reflect on anyone else. I'm proud of my nder brothers and sisters that have the courage to go public. It took me almost 45 years to do this, and I still feel as though I should fiercely protect my baby...so I chose to come out and hide it under covers.

Dave and I did do a public broadcast for Canadian viewers...so that's up there hidden in Canada. We'll probably get a few "eh?s", and no one will be interested beyond that... Laughing (I can picture Dave giving me the evil eye Laughing )

Oh... I should mention that a cousin of my husband has finally started to talk about his nde openly. It's been over twenty years for him, but he remembers it like yesterday.

What was interesting about his and that had some connection to mine is that the guy that rescued him was a hippy looking guy that apparently just disappeared. I had that happen to me when I was dying in the hospital...as the alarms sounded, a hospital medic walked right into the delivery room. Everyone noticed him but no one asked him why he was there. As I was leaving my body through my face, he looked into my eyes and told me that I was needed and to not leave. With that, I pulled myself back. Like our cousin's hippy...the medic just somehow disappeared. I asked the nurses about the medic because I wanted to thank him...and I was told that they didn't know who he was. Mind you...that was in a military hospital where military personnel bond very quickly and do indeed know the staff members. scratch

If you're interested in what happened to our cousin...he drowned in a river as he swam with a few of his friends and was overtaken by the current. He went up a tunnel toward a light and then found himself next to his mother in their kitchen. He knew what his death would do to her, so he decided to return to his body.

I should also add that the last time that he came to visit, we spoke for over 10 hours straight (no exageration!). I just saw him briefly a couple of weeks ago, and we laughed over how long our last discussion was...and he said "we have to do that again!", and I agreed. Very Happy
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:24 pm

http://www.bookdaily.com/

Death's Death at Book Daily on Oct. 4th

Book Daily will be launching Death's Death tomorrow on October 4th. I won't be around...but hopefully they'll do a great job. cheers
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:23 am

"DEATH'S DEATH BY C A SOLIS" will be FREE on Dec. 7th until Dec 11th on Amazon. (the ebook version)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!! santa
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 pm

Updating this thread...

Recently finished a five book giveaway on Goodreads in which 1,495 people entered. It's neat to see the interest in this literary sci-fi with its paranormal twist.

What I want to get across to everyone here is that I would actually love to give away copies continuously.

I can't however do that for financial reasons. But, I have a few copies here, so if anyone would like a free copy, send me a pm. I'd like to make sure that those that have held interest in the subject to which I wrote, get a copy.

Death's Death incorporates several theories to which should bring up some interest amongst those here. I'd love to get your feedback! Very Happy

I'm writing the prequel and sequel. The prequel takes a look at current ideals through the eyes of not only the main character but of the disillusioned.

The sequel takes us further into the world of our ghosts, and pattern associations.

Anyway...the offer is open...please let me know if you'd like a copy of Death's Death. study

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:54 am